Arm Limited has selected TrustCB to be the Certification Body for the PSA Certified scheme.
PSA Certified is the independent security evaluation scheme for Platform Security Architecture (PSA) based IoT systems. It establishes trust through a multi-level assurance program for chips containing a security component called a Root of Trust (PSA-RoT) that provides trusted functionality to the platform.
There are three certification scopes:
- The Chip – providing security features such as immutable storage, protection of debug features. This may be a System-in-Package (SiP) or a System-on-Chip (SoC) integrated on a board.
- The RTOS (Real-Time Operating System) – software only component for the Non-Secure Processing Environment and any related libraries.
- The Device – software components including Applications and libraries developed by an OEM and the confirmation of the RTOS for the device.
The PSA Certified Level 1 Step-by-Step guide is aimed at new vendors (Chip vendors, OS suppliers and OEM developers) wishing to submit their component for PSA Certified L1 security evaluation. This can be summarised as:
- The vendor selects their evaluation lab of choice from the list below.
- The vendor works with selected evaluation lab to fill in the application form together.
- The vendor downloads and completes the L1 questionnaire from PSA Certified Level 1.
- The vendor submits the completed L1 questionnaire to the selected evaluation lab, together with the required supporting documentation, for the evaluation lab to perform the security evaluation.
- The evaluation lab will make a single submission of all the following evaluation documents to the certification body ([email protected]):
- Filled in (and signed) application form;
- Completed questionnaire, signed by the vendor;
- Evaluation lab review report of the questionnaire;
- All other supporting documents provided by the vendor.
- Once accepted and the evaluation is passed, the certification body will provide confirmation of the pass verdict to the vendor and evaluation lab, along with details of the EAN-13 identifier.
- Evaluation lab to provide the draft digital certificate details and any applicable product showcase documents to the certification body ([email protected]).
- Receive the certificate, which will also be posted to PSA Certified.
As designated by ARM, TrustCB is working with the following labs for the PSA Certified scheme:
- Brightsight B.V.
- Riscure B.V.
- UL TS B.V.