Arm Limited has selected TrustCB to be the Certification Body for the PSA Certified scheme.
PSA Certified is the independent security evaluation scheme for Platform Security Architecture (PSA) based IoT systems. It establishes trust through a multi-level assurance program for chips containing a security component called a Root of Trust (PSA-RoT) that provides trusted functionality to the platform.
There are three certification scopes:
- The Chip – providing security features such as immutable storage, protection of debug features. This may be a System-in-Package (SiP) or a System-on-Chip (SoC) integrated on a board.
- The RTOS (Real-Time Operating System) – software only component for the Non-Secure Processing Environment and any related libraries.
- The Device – software components including Applications and libraries developed by an OEM and the confirmation of the RTOS for the device.
The PSA Certified Level 1 Step-by-Step guide is aimed at new vendors (Chip vendors, OS suppliers and OEM developers) wishing to submit their component for PSA Certified L1 security evaluation. This can be summarised as:
- Select your evaluation lab of choice from the list below.
- Work with your selected evaluation lab to fill in the application form together.
- Download and complete the L1 questionnaire from PSA Certified Level 1.
- Submit your completed L1 questionnaire to your selected evaluation lab, together with the required supporting documentation, for the lab to perform the security evaluation.
- The evaluation lab will submit the filled in application form, completed questionnaire, their review report and all other supporting documents to the certification body.
- Pass the evaluation
- Receive the certificate, which will also be posted to PSA Certified.
As designated by ARM, TrustCB is working with the following labs for the PSA Certified scheme:
- Brightsight B.V.
- Riscure B.V.
- UL TS B.V.