TrustCB has been chosen by NXP as the centralised Certification Body for the MIFARE Security Certification scheme. As such, TrustCB is entrusted by NXP to make decisions on its behalf about the capability of products to protect assets against state-of-the-art attackers, and to maintain a high assurance level of the labs, methodologies and security analyses.
The MIFARE Security Certification scheme is used by NXP to enable implementers of the MIFARE technology (such as licensees and NXP itself) to demonstrate that a specific product protects the assets in the MIFARE-compliant product against state-of-the-art attackers, thereby also protecting the MIFARE brand and reputation.
TrustCB has licensed the following labs for the MIFARE scheme:
- Serma Safety & Security (Pessac, France)
- SGS Brightsight (Delft, The Netherlands and Barcelona, Spain)
- UL VS Limited (Basingstoke, UK)
TrustCB has awarded the following labs with Candidate status, reflecting that confidence in the lab’s technical competence to perform MIFARE evaluations, while full Licensing is pending:
- Applus+ (Barcelona, Spain)
- Riscure B.V. (Delft, The Netherlands)
- UL Verification Services Pte Ltd. (Singapore)
Further details of the licensed labs can be found under Labs